HSCN - Health and Social Care NetworkThe modern replacement for N3
How do I apply for HSCN funding?
How do I connect to HSCN?
How do IP adresses work on HSCN?
When does N3, the current NHS connectivity network, end?
We presume that our network won’t suddenly stop working. Is that right?
N3 services end on 31 March 2017
The central contract arrangements for N3 cease on 31 March 2017. From this point you’ll no longer be able to extend or buy new N3 services. AdEPT can help you plan your migration to HSCN. In the meantime your N3 services will continue to operate until you migrate to HSCN.
Connecting to the HSCN
What do we need to do and how easy is it?
The HSCN Connection Agreement
The HSCN Connection Agreement sets out the things HSCN customers must do before and whilst using the HSCN. Digital NHS has outlined what is required, you can find all the information you need here: https://digital.nhs.uk/health-social-care-network/providers/connecting-to-HSCN
How does HSCN work?
Is it similar to N3?
HSCN - an interoperable 'network of networks'
HSCN will be an interoperable ‘network of networks’ provided by multiple suppliers who will adhere to common and open standards. It will act like a single network provided by many suppliers. This means health and care providers can access services and share information, regardless of their location or network supplier.
Can we buy services that work over the HSCN network?
We would ideally like to buy IP voice services as well
We can offer you our full range of services available on the RM1045 network services agreement. Please contact us for more details.
Can non-NHS organisations use HSCN?
Can HSCN be used by non-NHS organisations who provide health care?
All health and care providers can connect to HSCN
This includes NHS and non-NHS organisations involved in the provision of health and care, as well as commercial 3rd parties who provide applications and services to health and care providers.
KEY PRINCIPLES OF HSCN SERVICES
- Provide a successor to N3
- Support strategic ambitions of NHS Business Plan (e.g. Five Year Forward View, Personalised Health and Care 2020, GP Forward View, STP’s and LDR’s
- Ensure locally commissioned and procured HSCN services facilitate health and social care integration
- Underpin and support health and social care transformation
WHY YOU NEED TO GO TO MARKET FOR HSCN SERVICES?
- N3 is being ramped down and no new N3 services will be available post March 2017
- Existing N3 services are based on legacy access technologies and end-of-life endpoint technologies
- In the majority of cases the network services you currently contract for have not been competed in the open market for a number of years
THE BENEFITS OF USING RM1045 NETWORK SERVICES
- Pre-tested supplier capability and financial standing
- Pre-agreed terms and conditions, including award criteria
- Established catalogue to support direct awards
Note 1: HSCN standard supplemental terms and conditions included
Note 2: Only suppliers with HSCN compliance can supply HSCN connectivityIeuan Trigger