Cyber Essentials is the UK Government’s reaction to the propagation of Cyber Attacks seen in the UK. It requires that organisations put basic security measures in place, enabling them to reliably counter the most common tactics employed by cyber criminals.
|From 1 October 2014, all suppliers bidding for a range of Government ICT contracts – in particular contracts requiring the handling of sensitive and personal information – must be certified to the scheme.|
AdEPT are committed to ensuring it exceeds all Government requirements needed to continue to bid and sell services to the Public Sector and are happy to further enhance its controls by adding Cyber Essentials to its security portfolio.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Licence to tender for contracts that specify that companies must be Cyber Essentials certified
- Improved reputation and customer trust
- Legal compliance – from 1st October 2014, the UK Government requires all suppliers bidding for certain sensitive and personal information handling contacts to be certified against The Cyber Essentials Scheme.
- Proven business credentials – through independent verification against recognized standards
- Ability to win more business – particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply